Golf in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Today the word golf is synonymous of Los Cabos. A recent study listing the top 50 worldwide golf destinations ranked Los Cabos number 14. Golfers are provided many beautiful and challenging golf courses with amazing views of an intriguing combination of desert and ocean.
All the championship courses are located within the Tourist Corridor, with three Jack Nicklaus-designed golf courses and designs by Robert Trent Jones II, the Dye Corporation, Tom Weiskopf and Tom Fazio. Los Cabos has been the site of the PGA Grand Slam tournament since 1996, attracting golf’s greatest such as Raymond Floyd, Dave Stockman and Hale Irwin.
On the Pacific side of Cabo is Diamante which will lay the new Tiger Woods golf course planned to open in late 2014. While the existing Dunes course is reminiscent of a classic Scottish links course, the Tiger Woods Design course will remind golfers of the old-style California courses that Tiger grew up playing. Golfers of all skill levels will have several options to navigate each hole, and proper strategic decision making will be rewarded. The existing arroyos that traverse the site and well-placed fairway bunkers will provide ample risk-reward opportunities off the tees.
Players will often have to make a decision as to whether to try to carry a hazard resulting in a better approach angle or take the safer route leaving a longer shot to a green. Natural, irregular contours on the wide fairways along with high-faced, greenside bunkers will further enhance the course’s old-style look and feel. With 18 truly unique green complexes, the end result will be a memorable and enjoyable golf experience that complements what is already so special about Diamante.
Dress Code: appropriate golf attire is required, NO swimwear, cut-offs, halter tops or tank tops. Shirts must have a collar. Shorts must be at least mid-thigh in length. No denim of any kind will be allowed. Proper footwear is required. Club rental is also available.
Because pricing varies from time of day, time of year and course please contact us for the best possible pricing. Contact Pure Cabo about Golfing in Los Cabos Mexico today.
- Palmilla. Jack Nicklaus. 27 Hole – Par: 72. Location: Arroyo/Mountain/Ocean
- Cabo del Sol Ocean. Jack Nicklaus. 18 Holes – Par: 72. Location: Ocean
- Cabo del Sol Desert. Tom Weiskopf. 18 Holes – Par: 72. Location: Desert
- Cabo Real. Robert Trent Jones II . 18 Holes– Par: 72. Location: Desert/Mountain
- Club Campestre San Jose. Jack Nicklaus. 18 Holes – Par 71. Location: Desert
- Puerto Los Cabos. Greg Norman & Jack Nicklaus. 18 Holes– Par 73. Location Desert/Marina
- Mayan Palace Golf Club.Mario Schjentan & Joseph Fingers. 9 Holes – Par: 35. Location: Desert
- Los Cabos Country Club. Roy Dye. 9 Holes– Par: 35. Location: Desert